Pages

Wednesday 17 February 2010






Hey all,
so I've been really struggling with color, both color theory and how to apply it in photoshop. I've been reading and reading, and reading on color, and
color theory. I've also been analyzing one of my favorite artists, Loish for her use of color. (www.loish.net) Yesterday I bought a magazine on digital sci-fi and fantasy digital painting and it really helped me get the confidence to dive into my work
today. Here was my first attempt after my new confidence.


Then these two

Then I thought I should take a break, so I I revisited the image that I was using as inspiration
(https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhvE1e6DkoY7JQylln6l9Wf-hYrjjZSgUjhXmkFR5OHFHZvpPpDUIHeonhBggqs4XI21DqUDS0L48uFw6VVUmplAeBHvlgRlDq-ysf5O70ztVhFWzvBrR82zMzvfkmL9O2mm9jkZ0vwY3A/s1600-h/naytiri.jpg)
Here was what I created after working with that previous image for a bit.

Although the eyes are a bit wonky, I was extremely please with my first real attempt at a color sketch in photoshop. Then I decided to do a life study of stanley - this is the result. Again I'm quite happy that I'm starting to understand how to use color a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment